Fees for Probate, Wills and LPAs
Fees and Services for probate
Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets
We anticipate this will take between 10 and 30 hours work, charged at an hourly rate plus up to 3% of the gross value of the estate.
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We will handle the full process for you. This quote is for estates where:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 5 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are no more than 10 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
Disbursements also include:
- Probate application fee/court fee of £273 plus £1.50 for each extra copy
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 plus VAT per beneficiary)
- £200 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- £200 Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Potential additional costs
- If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds), there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
If more work is needed, this will be charged at an hourly rate.
How long will this take?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 6-12 months. Typically, obtaining the Grant of Probate takes 20 weeks from submission. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 4-10 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 4-6 weeks.
Please note that if we are just obtaining a Grant of Probate on your behalf, the cost of this will be £1,000.00 plus VAT.
*All VAT is charged at a rate of 20%
Fees for Wills
Single Will- £200+VAT
Mirror Will- £300+VAT
Home visits may incur extra fees and travel expenses.
Our Fees for LPAs
Two types of LPAs:
- Property and Finance
- Health and Welfare
1 LPA - £350+VAT
2 LPAs - £500+VAT
3 LPAs - £650+VAT
4 LPAs - £800+VAT
There is also an Office of the Public Guardian Registration Fee, which is £82 per document.
Court of Protection (COP)- No Capacity to Make an LPA
Our charges - £950+VAT
Court Fee - £371