Land and New Homes
Buying a New Build Property
Purchasing a newly built property can be a daunting prospect. Buyers are often asked to exchange contracts before the house is even built. Most developers adopt a slightly different procedure to the purchase of an existing house and will require the buyer to commit to the purchase by exchanging contracts within a month of formally reserving the house.
The legal documentation which has to be checked by the buyer’s solicitor is also more complex.
This will include:
- Making sure planning permission and building regulations approval is correct and all conditions have been complied with
- Checking what structural warranty is being offered – NHBC, Architects certificates and whether the Mortgage provider will accept this
- Who will own and maintain the estate roads
- Whether the documents for the sewers, drains and water supply are correct
- That you have all the rights you need for access and maintenance of the house in the future
- What restrictions are being imposed on you and are these fair, or will they cause a problem when you sell the house
- What was the previous use of the site and have the builders cleared up any contamination
All the documents have to be considered promptly otherwise the deadlines required by the builders will not be met and you may lose the house.
Specialist help is needed for new build buyers and at QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright we have the expertise to guide you through the process in a clear and straightforward way.
Information for Developers
QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright Estate Agents understand that making the most of the new homes marketplace requires a particular level of expertise.
Our team has over 25 years of experience and includes a dedicated new homes sales department who have proven success in selling a variety of new build properties ranging from shared ownership houses to luxury apartments.
The extensive local insight we possess can assist you in the planning and success of your site and we are happy to provide you with as much advice as you require. As Worcester’s only Solicitor Estate Agent we are confident we can offer you a superior level of service and obtain the best possible prices.
We welcome the opportunity to introduce ourselves and discuss how we could work together to achieve your goals so please do not hesitate to contact us on 01905 425167, email@example.com. or call into our office at 2-6 Bromyard Road, St Johns, Worcester.
For more information please contact:
Worcester Office: Jean Newton on 01905 721600 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Evesham Office: Faye Green on 01386 761176 or via email email@example.com
Droitwich Office: Lynn Green on 01905 775533 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org