How we can help
We can offer specialist legal advice about:
- Demergers. When a parent company separates into smaller components, the smaller components might be sold or liquidated. Sometimes the parent company retains equity in a component that may become a new company.
- Share capital buyback. This is when a company buys back shares from one or more shareholders. The company must follow the processes set out in the Companies Act 2006.
- Intra-group reorganisations. A group company might take advantage of tax reliefs through intra-group reorganisation. This involved transferring assets and subsidiaries from one business within the group to another.
- Refinancing. A company might replace or restructure debt to receive more favourable interest rates, reduce financial risk, decrease monthly repayments or gain more capital investment.
- Debt for equity swap. This is when debt is swapped for equity to pay off creditors. For example, bonds and stocks might be exchanged. This normally happens during bankruptcy.
- Share for share exchange. When one company acquires shares in another, the shareholders in the company that has been acquired might exchange their shares for shares in the purchasing company.
- Hive up and hive down of assets. This involves moving assets and liabilities between businesses within a company group. This could happen if one business is being sold, but not the other business or assets need to be ring-fenced to protect them during insolvency.
Who we help
Parkinson Wright corporate solicitors advise businesses of every size across multiple sectors. Our clients include company directors, family-owned companies and private equity firms.
We can ensure your business aims are achieved by working closely with legal services across Parkinson Wright, including employment law and property. We will also collaborate with your other advisors such as your accountants throughout the restructuring process.
Why choose Parkinson Wright solicitors?
Parkinson Wright solicitors have decades of corporate restructuring experience and a strong reputation for providing effective legal advice tailored to our client's objectives.
Our lawyers know that businesses often need advice urgently, especially when there are financial difficulties. You can rest assured that we respond quickly because we know time is critical and how stressful delays can be.
We will guide you through the restructuring process, explaining the law in jargon-free terms and working closely with you to meet your business goals.
Parkinson Wright's corporate team have a number of accreditations, so you can rest assured you will receive the highest quality legal advice and level of customer service.
Solicitors Regulation AuthorityRegulated and authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
Lexcel Quality MarkWe have achieved the Law Society’s Lexcel Legal Practice quality mark, which sets the standard for client care.
Get in touch
We offer a Free Initial Assessment, so you can call us without charge or obligation to discuss restructuring your business.
To arrange your Free Initial Assessment at a time convenient to you, please call 01905 401 893.