• To specify exactly what your goods or services include (and what they don’t), the price and if it can be varied, payment terms, penalties for late payment and delivery/ returns policies.
• To manage risk by stating that goods remain yours until paid for in full and you can get them back if you are not paid.
• To limit exposure to claims for faulty goods or services by carefully drafting terms to avoid them being unfair and void.
• To comply with the Distance Selling Regulations if you sell goods or services online, by phone or by fax. If you do not include the required cancellation rights, the usual 7 day right to cancel can be extended to 3 months.
• To project a professional image to new customers or banks who often insist on seeing terms and conditions before they deal with you.
• To ensure you are trading using your own terms rather than your customer or supplier’s which may be unfavourable to you.
Contact QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright to discuss how we can draft bespoke terms for you and ensure they are binding – if they are just on the back of your invoice you need to contact us! Call 01905 726 789 or email worcester@parkinson wright.co.uk.