Many people own their house or flat but have what is known as a “leasehold interest”. In other words, rather than owning the property outright as is the case with freehold ownership, they have a long lease for a fixed period of time, paying a ground rent and possibly a service charge to a landlord who owns the freehold.
Leasehold law is complex and can be a minefield for the unwary. QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright can advise on all aspects of Leasehold law including:
• Lease extensions for houses and flats
• Buying the freehold from your landlord
• Taking over the management and administration of service charges from your landlord
QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright can also act for landlords:
• Ensuring that the correct statutory procedure is followed when selling a freehold block
• Advising on the consultation requirements before entering into contracts that are for a certain period of time or of a value in excess of a certain amount.
We can act for single or multiple tenants. We can also advise and offer assistance in coordinating multiple lease extensions in a block or exercising a right to purchase the block by a number of tenants.
We provide a full step by step guide to the processes involved and the associated costs. This is backed up by the peace of mind of our promises of:
• No hidden costs
• Same day response
• Direct Lawyer contact and
• Free initial assessment.
We would be delighted to discuss how we can offer our expert advice in these situations. Please contact Jeremy Redfern on 01905 726 789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.