Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

Family Court Orders

If parents cannot reach an agreement on child arrangements it may be necessary to ask the court to assist. A court can make a variety of orders including:

A Child Arrangements Order

This is an order settling agreements about where a child should live or what time they should spend with each parent and contact arrangements.  *No power of arrest attached.  You would need to make an Application for an enforement order in the event of a breach.

A Prohibited Steps Order

This is an order which prevents a certain action.  Generally these orders are used to stop a child being removed from a particular parent's care, removal from their school or preventing their removal from the jurisdiction (England and Wales).  *No power of arrest attached although police may assist informally.  Enforceable in the County Court as contempt of court.

A Specific Issue Order

This order means giving directions for the purpose of determining a specific question.  These can solve disputes relating to many issues for example change of name, religious upbringing or permission to take the child out of the jurisdiction for a holiday.  *No power of arrest but enforced by the order of the court.

If you require any additional information or an intial free consultation regarding Protective orders please contact Suzanne Oldnall, Family Law Advisor and Head of Domestic Abuse or a member of her team on 01905 721600.

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today:

Please let us know you are not a robot