Recommended resources – starting a business
To help you on your way as a new business owner we’ve put together a list of some of the websites which might be able to offer you additional guidance and advice on starting a business and for those crucial few first months as you find your feet.
- British Chamber of Commerce - represents the interests of UK businesses, offering advice and support.
- Citizens Advice - offering free, impartial and confidential advice on your rights and responsibilities.
- Companies House - a wide range of services for setting-up a new business and the required ongoing administration.
- GOV.UK - provided by the government, this website provides business support, advice and information. Using videos, downloads and tools you’ll find practical help for the day-to-day running of your business.
- HM Revenue & Customs - this is where you’ll find links and guidance on what you need to do for tax and National Insurance purposes when you first start your business and all ongoing requirements.
- Office of Fair Trading - offers business information and explanations of some of the laws which may affect you and your business.
- Trading Standards - provides advice on the regulations specific to certain industries to ensure you are trading under the right licenses for your business. There is also a search tool to help you find your local Trading Standard office.
Please note: QualitySolicitors are not responsible for the accuracy or content provided by external websites or the availability of any linked pages. The use of a link to an external website does not mean we endorse or take liability for its contents, any products of services its operator may offer.