Building work and property repairs

Falling out with your neighbour can be particularly distressing for you and your family.

It can affect your enjoyment of your home and garden. It can also be intimidating knowing that you may have to pass your neighbour in the street.

Therefore there is always a balance between enforcing your rights and reaching a friendly compromise that you can both live with.

With extreme problems the behaviour will amount to harassment, assault or racial abuse. Here you will need to contact the police.

However with most neighbour disputes the situation is not so bad and it is almost always best to speak first before the situation gets worse. If speaking doesn’t work a friendly but clear complaint letter is often the next step. The sample letter lower done this page can be adapted to your situation.

Where the neighbour rents their home, you can also write to their landlord. Behaviour such as causing a nuisance to neighbours is often a breach of the tenancy agreement and can give the landlord the power to evict the tenant – but many landlords will first often offer to help to try and resolve the problem.

The summary below covers many of the situations that can arise between neighbours

Expert legal advice you can rely on:

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today

Please let us know you are not a robot