Working in the UK

If you want to work in the UK and you need a visa, it is important to understand there are different types of visa depending upon your situation. QualitySolicitors’ Immigration lawyers can help make your application process simpler so you can look forward to an exciting new life.

To work in the UK may mean applying to the Home Office for a visa or work permit under their points based system. It has different levels - or tiers - depending upon your individual situation. Within each tier, there are differing categories too. Factors that affect your application include whether you have a job to come to or not, if you have a sponsor, whether you plan to invest, your qualifications, your age, what experience you have and your English language ability. It can also affect whether your family may join you while you work in the UK.

QualitySolicitors’ immigration lawyers successfully work with many applicants who decide to work in the UK. To begin with, we make certain we understand your situation fully. Once we do, we outline the application process and what options you have. Likely timescales and costs are made clear before we start work on your visa application. Throughout the process we keep in regular contact and if we need to explain any technical or legal matters, we always use plain and simple English.

To begin your application to work in the UK contact us today on 08082747557 and have a chat with one of our friendly immigrations lawyers.


It depends on your nationality and the nature of your work. There are different types of work visas available depending on the nature of work, length of stay and skill level.

Normally, the Tier 2 visa, also known as a skilled worker visa, is required for people who have already received a job offer in the UK.

The eligibility requirements for UK work visas depend on the type of Visa and the nature of the job. In tier 2 work visa, the most common requirements are COS(certificate of sponsorship), English language certificate, proof of funds and minimum salary requirements.

There are several types of UK work visas available, like Skilled Worker visas, Global Talent visas, UK expansion worker visas, Youth Mobility schemes, Startup visas, temporary worker visas and innovator visas.

Please note each visa type has its own requirements and eligibility criteria. It is recommended to consult with immigration solicitors for advice.

Most UK work visa allows you to bring your partner and children with you if they meet the eligibility criteria. Also, their visa time period will be the same as yours.

As an employee in the UK, you have certain rights, like a written contract, statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity pay, the right to a safe working environment, national minimum wage and the right to equal treatment in the workplace.

Expert legal advice you can rely on:

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today

Please let us know you are not a robot