Professional negligence solicitors
When you ask a professional for advice, that’s what you expect. But what if that advice causes you problems or losses? Surveyors, architects, solicitors and accountants are all bound by professional standards and owe you a duty of care and skill. So, if there advice is negligent you have the right to make a claim, and that’s where we can help.
If you’re making a claim for professional negligence, you’ll want the right legal experts involved, to ensure you get the best possible outcome for your claim. Dealing with your dispute can take time and demonstrating what has failed (and the losses suffered) can be complicated, but with QualitySolicitors, we’ll always keep you informed and updated every step of the way.
You’re also guaranteed direct access to an expert professional negligence lawyer who will fight your corner and is absolutely dedicated to getting the right result for you and your circumstances.
Here are some examples of situations where our lawyers have been able to assist clients make successful professional negligence claims:
- Accountants – wrong tax advice or missed fraud.
- Architects – design errors and extra building costs.
- Barristers – a key witness not being asked questions.
- Dentists – failure to look after your teeth.
- Doctors and other medical practitioners – mistakes in your treatment.
- Engineers – design faults.
- Estate agents – not getting the right price for your property.
- Financial advisors, banks and insurance brokers – unsuitable advice, the risks were not explained to you, or you were not given the information you needed resulting in you having a product that isn’t right for you.
- Insurance brokers – leaving you unprotected.
- Property letting agents – losses due to not checking references.
- Solicitors and other lawyers – missed deadlines or not getting you the right compensation.
- Surveyors – missed property defects.
- Vets (veterinary surgeons) – mistakes in your pet’s treatment.
- Will writers – mistakes so the will is not valid or unintentionally leaves someone out.
If your complaint is regarding a financial advisor, bank or insurance broker, you do not need to use a solicitor to make a complaint, and if your complaint is not successful you can refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service yourself for free.
Error or bad advice received
A professional gives you bad advice or makes a negligent error which results in you suffering harm such as financial loss.
Once you’ve instructed us, we’ll start the claim process by formally notifying the professional at fault (so they notify their insurers). We’ll also work with you to start to gather the information needed to prove your claim.
We’ll instruct an independent expert to advise if there was negligence and assess the cost to you of losses and expenses caused by the negligence (including any expected in the future).
We’ll present your full case and evidence to the representatives of professional at fault. Then we’ll negotiate on your behalf for the best possible ‘out of court’ settlement, based on what we believe a judge would award. This may include mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
If the other side doesn’t accept blame or doesn’t offer you an acceptable level of compensation then we can use the court process. where a judge can decide if your opponent is liable to you and how much compensation should be awarded.
When you win your claim, either by negotiations or through the court, then the final stage is that you receive your compensation.