Fees for summary only motoring offences
Drink or drug driving offence, guilty plea – fixed fee £500 plus VAT.
If your case is adjourned for a pre-sentence report and is dealt with on the same day you will be charged an additional £200 plus VAT making a total fee payable of £700 plus VAT.
If, however the pre-sentence report is not available on the same day and the case is adjourned to a new date you will be charged an additional £300 plus VAT making a total fee payable of £800 plus VAT.
Other offences including careless driving, failing to stop or report a road traffic accident, driving with no insurance, speeding or failing to comply with road traffic signs, guilty plea - fixed fee £500 plus VAT. If the court is considering whether to disqualify you from driving (in relation to offences where the court can impose a discretionary or totting up disqualification) and we are presenting special reasons or exceptional hardship on your behalf a further additional fee of £200 plus VAT will be charged.
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of £125 plus VAT)
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.