Claiming for unfair dismissal from your job
If you believe you are a victim of unfair dismissal then you’ll need to take legal advice quickly, before it’s too late. There is usually a deadline of just under three months for raising this type of claim. Please use our Free Initial Assessment service today so we can let you know whether you are likely to have a good claim. With us, it costs nothing to find out if we can help you.
To read our top tips guide, click here
To have a claim:
- You must have worked continuously for your employer for:
- 2 years if your employment started after 5th April 2012.
- 1 year if your employment started before 5th April 2012.
Any notice period you worked before your employment ended can be counted towards this period.
- Your employer sacked you without good reason.
- Your employer ended your employment without following a fair procedure.
You will not have a claim:
If your employer can show the reason for your dismissal was due to:
- Your behaviour.
- The fact that you lacked the capability needed for the job (such as skills, qualifications or health).
- You are being made properly redundant (perhaps because the business was doing badly).
Even if your employer can rely on one of these reasons (and there are others) you may still have a good claim if the surrounding circumstances were unfair. We’ll discuss with you the fairness of the process followed (based on factors such as the size and resources of the employer).
If it looks like you can make a claim for unfair dismissal we’ll discuss the outcome you’d like to achieve with you, whether its getting your job back or compensation.
Please take advantage of our confidential Free Initial Assessment service to find out if we can help you.
Have a question or need some help? Call us today on 08082747557