Notarial services for wills and probate
If you’re dealing with wills and probate issues in a foreign country, you may find that you need to present English documentation to foreign authorities. If this is the case, it’s important to ensure your documents will be recognised. It may therefore be necessary to have the documents validated (notarised) by a Notary so that they will be accepted by a particular country’s authorities.
A Notary will witness your signature, confirm your identity and ask if you understand the contents of the documents. They can also arrange any necessary translations and will explain all the timescales and costs from the outset, keeping you up-to-date throughout every stage.
If you have documents that need notarising for use aboard, the first step is to give us a call. We’ll arrange an initial face-to-face meeting for you with a Notary and will explain what documentation and identification you will need so that we can get the process started as quickly as possible.
Notarial services for overseas wills and probate include:
- Witnessing the signatures of deeds and documents
- Authenticating documents and facts
- Validating documents relating to family relationships (including birth, marriage, and adoption certificates)
- Powers of attorney
- Validating identification documents
- Arranging translations from foreign languages to English and vice versa
If you would like to find out how we can help you with notarial services, please call us on 08082747557.