We're a countrywide network of law firms with all the expert resources needed to provide specialist legal advice on a local basis for individuals and businesses alike.
What can be included in your compensation claim?
Where we can help you prove the advice you received from an expert or their mistake was so bad it was negligent – then you can claim compensation.
The compensation is calculated to put you in the position you would have been in if you had not received the negligent advice or suffered from their mistake. It can therefore cover:
- Any financial losses you have suffered, directly as a result of the advice or actions of the professional.
- Any missed opportunities where you can prove you would have taken the opportunity if you had received the correct advice. You then can claim the financial value of your lost opportunity. Examples include:
- The lost financial value of an investment.
- The lost profits of growing a successful business (perhaps it has been set back several years by the negligent advice).
- A limited amount for wasted time and inconvenience (but not for the time taken to raise your claim) – especially if it has made you unwell.
- A reasonable amount for the repayment of expenses you’ve paid as a result of the negligence.
- The bulk of your reasonable legal costs and expenses if your claim is successful and results in a settlement or award to you of over £10,000. There are complex rules covering what legal costs your opponent must pay on top of your compensation – we will advise you to ensure you get back all that you are entitled to.
Your local legal experts
With QualitySolicitors your first initial assessment is free, so you can call us without worrying about being charged for a call you might not have actually needed to make. And because we place our clients are at the heart of everything we do, we make these five customer service promises to make sure you'll feel properly looked after.
This is why, in the first instance, most people looking for legal help in relation to a 'Home And Property' call QualitySolicitors for a Free Initial Assessment over the phone before requesting our Ask the Legal Expert service; which is an introductory 45-minute face-to-face consultation for £99.
With us, you’ll always find our lawyers are friendly and approachable. That’s why we promise you that as our client, you will always be given the direct phone and email details of your lawyer – making it easy to get in touch.Find out more
Have you ever wanted to just ask a lawyer if they can help you, without worrying about what it may cost to contact them? If so, call QualitySolicitors and together we can work out what your next steps might be... in confidence, at no cost and with no obligation. At QualitySolicitors, our Free Initial Assessment promise puts you directly in touch with a local law firm who will happily talk to you for free to clarify how they can help you.Find out more
Using a solicitor doesn’t have to involve any unexpected costs. We promise to confirm the full costs you can expect before we begin any work and keep you informed throughout. And we won’t start any work until we know you’re happy with our estimate.Find out more
Need a lawyer who’ll get in touch when they say they will and not leave you in the dark? Good news – we promise to you, our clients - call or email us by 3pm, Monday to Friday and you’ll hear back from us the very same day. And if we can’t give you a full response straight away because your question needs further investigation, we’ll always let you know and give you details of exactly when we’ll next be in touch.Find out more
QualitySolicitors law firms know that when you need to meet with a solicitor, finding time during office hours can prove impractical. So we thought we’d help by offering flexible opening hours; simple!Find out more