Solicitors Ride 700m Zip Wire For Children's Charity
Wednesday 16th November 2016
Two employees from Newport-based law firm QualitySolicitors HPJV have taken on ‘The Wire’ at the National Diving & Activity Centre (NDAC) in Chepstow to raise money for children’s charity Barnardo’s.
‘The Wire’ is one of the longest, tallest and fastest zip slides in the UK. The challenge asks participants to launch themselves from the 70m high cliff edge where they then speed along the 700m length of the NDAC Quarry reaching speeds of 40mph.
Representing the firm on behalf of Barnardo’s were Wills and Probate secretary Carrieanne Greenway and solicitor Philippa O’Hara, who both undertook the challenge as part of Barnardo’s Bucket list Challenge which commemorates the 150th anniversary of the children’s charity.
The challenge took place on the 25th of October where Barnardo’s employees Sallie Winterbottom and Mark Harrison also joined the pair in an act of moral support.
Speaking about the challenge, Philippa said “Barnardo’s is a fabulous charity, which is doing so much for young children so I wanted to do something to help raise money for their cause.
“Although I was a bit nervous at first, especially after being strapped in, once I went it was an amazing experience and I would definitely do it again.”
Carrieanne added; “We would both like to do another challenge for Barnardo’s. I personally fancy attempting the sky walking at the NDAC, or maybe the big swing that goes across the Quarry.”
QualitySolicitors HPJV have now raised nearly £650 for the children’s charity in October alone, with another member of staff having completed the Cardiff Half Marathon for Barnardo’s earlier in the month.
The challenge is one of many initiatives in the partnership between QualitySolicitors and Barnardo’s, which dates back to 2010. In the past six years, QualitySolicitors and Barnardo’s have worked closely on a number of joint-projects. A number of firms across the QualitySolicitors network encourage their staff to take part in personal challenges designed to raise funds for Barnardo’s.
QualitySolicitors HPJV have been established in Newport for over 30 years, earning themselves a reputation to be able to properly represent the local areas in a wide variety of legal matters.
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 100 branches across England and Wales.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offers a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- QualitySolicitors’ website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund.