- LGSCO publish guidance to local authorities when considering deprivation of capital. What does this mean? The LGSCO state that “Deprivation of capital is when someone knowingly reduces their capital for financial benefit”. To read the full guidance, click here
- To read STEP’s article on the guidance offered by the LGSCO click here
- Halt on Covid-19 testing? The government has announced that most hospital patients, care home residents, NHS and social care staff will no longer be tested unless they are exhibiting symptoms. This does not apply to any new admissions to care home, hospices, or transfers between hospital wards. To read the full article, click here
- Autumn covid-booster jabs are now available to care home residents, staff and clinically vulnerable. To read the full article, click here
- “96.2% of care homes in England were able to accommodate visits in or out of the care home for residents in all circumstances during the last month [July 2022]”. To read adult social care monthly statistics published on 11 August 2022, click here
If you need help and advice when it comes to arranging and paying for care or Court of Protection, contact our team for a free initial assessment. Just call 01926 354704 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charlotte Bell | Court of Protection Solicitor