- Local authorities have urged the government to pause on the proposed cap on care costs. The implementation of the cap of care costs has already been postponed in 2015 due to concerns about the pressures on adult social care sector. To read the full article, click HERE.
- The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman research demonstrates a decline in complaints raised. The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman provides reassurance that people’s voice will be heard. To read the full article, click HERE
- Have you been asked to pay a ‘top up’ fee for a family member’s care? A recent Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman provides recommendations to a local authority to remedy injustice caused to a local family. The local authority were directed to refund top up fees paid for their mother’s care since 1 March 2011. The LGSCO reiterates that the local authority must demonstrate that it has offered at least one available care home. To read the decision, click HERE.
- Do you reside in Northamptonshire? North Northamptonshire Council have announced a new campaign inviting residents to have their say. To read the full article, click HERE
- What constitutes a deprivation of capital? The LGSCO have produced a useful guidance. To read, click HERE.
- The Department of Health and Social Care have confirmed that Social Work England published an incorrect date for the implementation of Liberty Protection Safeguard. A new date is still awaited. To read the full article, click HERE
NHS continuing healthcare and adult social care blog | October/November 2022 review
Charlotte Bell, a Solicitor in our Court of Protection health and welfare team takes a look at what's in the news relating to adult social care and NHS CHC.