Training Seminar - Legal Perspectives of Care in Later Life - POSTPONED
We will be holding a FREE training seminar for Information Officers, advocates and support workers in the care industry.
Debbie Anderson and Louise Courtney will address the current legal issues that affect older people from their initial contact with social services through to end of life care. Issues covered will include:
- The right to a Social Care Assessment
- Financial assessments in the community
- Moving into a care home: the right to choose, third party 'top-ups'
- Financial assessments in the care home and deferred payments
- Preservation of assets - what can we do?
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- 'Best Interest' decisions
- Continuing healthcare
- Looking ahead to the Care Act
Please click here for further information.
If you would like to attend this event, please do not hesitate to contact us to book your place.
- Warwickshire College, Warwick New Road, Leamington Spa, CV32 5JE - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, October 2, 2014QualitySolicitors Moore & Tibbits will be having a stand at the "Living Well in Later Life" event. This free event focuses on the transition from working life to a fulfilling retirement and we will be on hand to offer advice regarding the legal aspects of later life.Read more...
- Stratford Arts House, 14 Rother Street, Stratford-upon-Avon - 10:00am - 12:00pm, October 14, 2014Debbie Anderson will be a guest speaker at the "Being a Carer" event which is organised by the Connected Advice Stratford Project.Read more...
- Lord Leycester Hospital, High Street, Warwick, CV34 4BH - 9:30 am - 2:00 pm, November 20, 2014We will be holding a FREE training seminar for Information Officers, advocates and support workers in the care industry.Read more...
- North Leamington School, January 27, 2015James Williams, Trainee Solicitor with QualitySolicitors Moore & Tibbits will be attending the careers day taking place at North Leamington School.Read more...
- Citizens Advice Bureau, Stratford-upon-Avon, January 28, 2015Marie O'Malley of QualitySolicitors Moore & Tibbits is invited as a guest speaker at a Carer's Event organised by the Citizens Advice Bureau as part of the Connected Advice Stratford project.Read more...