The majority of court fees have not increased since 2016 with the Government justifying the increase to be in line with historic inflation and increased revenue for HM Courts & Tribunals Service.
The Family court fees that have increased include:
- Filing an application for a divorce, nullity or civil partnership dissolution has increased from £550 to £592
- Application for a financial order, other than by consent has increased from £225 to £275
- Application by consent for a financial order has increased from £50 to £54
- Application for a parental order to include but not limited to a Child Arrangements Order, parental responsibility or financial provision for children has increased from £215 to £232
- General application on notice to the Court (ie. Part 25 Application) has increased from £155 to £167
Full details of the increases in fees can be found here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/985/article/7/made
How can we help?
If you have any questions in relation to divorce/dissolution; matrimonial finances, matters concerning your children or any other family related matter, please call our team for a free initial telephone consultation on 01926 354704