David qualified as a solicitor in 1969 . After training at a large law firm in London with a bias to litigation and probate, he was for about 6 ½ years engaged in conducting police and local authority prosecutions. After many years as a solicitor in private practice as a litigation partner, David, with his wife Val, set up his own law firm, David Leigh-Hunt – Solicitors in 1996, based in Leamington Spa.
Moore & Tibbits incorporated David Leigh-Hunt Solicitors in November 2015.
David is a highly respected solicitor and has developed an extensive network of clients and professional contacts in Leamington Spa and in other places such as Birmingham, Coventry and London. His wide professional experience enables him to provide legal services to both individuals and businesses in a friendly, jargon free, yet professional manner.
David’s portfolio of work includes :-
- Commercial Contracts
- Alternative dispute resolution (ie other than the Courts)
- Issues with local government and prosecuting authorities
- Matters with a local political context (having formerly been a Warwick District Councillor)
- Professional negligence and misconduct
- Regulatory and disciplinary matters affecting solicitors including conducting proceedings in the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and providing advice on such issues as a member of a national helpline panel.
David is actively involved in supporting the local community and in this regard he holds various roles:
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a Committee Member of the West Midlands Branch of the Chartered Institute.
- An active member of Leamington Spa Rotary Club.
- Having been a School Governor at both primary and secondary levels for about 28 yearsis currently a Director of a local Academy Trust.
- Trustee/Director and Company Secretary of a national based charity concerned with the arts which includes running a museum in Rome on a commercial basis.
- Associate Trustee with the Board of Castel Froma/Helen Ley, a long stay home in Leamington Spa for people with serious neurologicalconditions.
- Clerk to a local Parish Council in Warwickshire.