Regardless of the sector in which you operate, the extent of Health and Safety legislation is a potential mine field for the unwary with an increasing number of criminal cases being brought against companies, and individual directors.
Whether you are being investigated or face prosecution by the HSE or other regulatory body, your business can incur substantial financial penalties, reputational damage and even the loss of key directors.
As soon as a Health and Safety investigation begins, you should contact a solicitor straightaway. Early advice and intervention can often limit the damage or even prevent a prosecution from getting off the ground at all. We can advise on all aspects of Health and Safety matters:-
- Incident response;
- Representation at Police and HSE interviews under Caution;
- Defence of criminal prosecutions in Magistrates’ and Crown Courts nationwide;
- Prohibition and Enforcement Notices.
Our Criminal Defence and Regulatory team is experienced in dealing with a wide range of statutory regulatory bodies including;
- The Health & Safety Executive
- Trading Standards
- The Food Hygiene Agency
- NHS Counter Fraud Unit
- The Information Commissioners Office
- The Department of Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
Please call Jamie Strong on 01926 491181 for free initial advice.
EARLY ADVICE AND INTERVENTION IS ESSENTIAL