Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

Education Law Solicitors

All children and young people are entitled to a good education and this includes those with special educational needs and disabilities. Our education law team can assist you with finding the right solution for your child and support you through the maze of education legislation.

Our education law team can assist you and your child by providing advice, support and representation in relation to a range of education law disputes. We can help you and your child with:

  • Requesting an assessment of your child’s special education needs (“SEN”), challenging the contents of your child’s EHC plan including representation at tribunal; 
  • Challenging local authorities or schools where they fail to recognise or provide support for your child with their special educational needs;
  • Your child’s transport to and from school and college;
  • Funding arrangements for children with SEN;
  • Appealing a school admission decision;
  • Appealing a decision to exclude your child from school or college;
  • Ensuring that your child continues to receive support and its the correct level of support when they become an adult (aged 18 +);
  • Obtaining the appropriate level of support for you and your child, who is out of school including alternative educational provision, support with home schooling or other education packages;
  • Pastoral support for your child at school or college;
  • Disputes with independent schools and colleges. 

How can we help?

Our solicitors can provide you with initial advice and assistance, through to representing you during course of a dispute you may have regarding your child which includes representation at a tribunal or in court. 

This is a complex area of law, in which different channels are used to complain or appeal a decision made in respect of your child. Our specialist team are here to help and will provide you with clear and comprehensive legal advice and guidance in order to achieve the best outcome for you and your child. 

If your child has social care needs, which should be met by the Council’s children or adult social care department, our specialist community care team can also provide you with additional advice and support to ensure that you and your child receive the care and support which the Council are legally obliged to provide. 

Funding your case

We provide an initial telephone consultation free of charge and can be contacted by telephone on 01926 354704 or by email on

Should you require further advice, we also offer an initial meeting to discuss your child's case in further detail for which we charge £250 plus VAT.  This meeting will be in the region of 1 hour and at this meeting, we can give you a clearer picture of our costs, should you wish us to provide further advice and assistance regarding your child's case.

Send us your question and we'll respond
the next working day!

Please let us know you are not a robot

Team Members

Ceri Mawson
Trainee Solicitor
Debbie Anderson
Solicitor | Director | Head of The Health and Community Care Team
Sonal Lala
Senior Solicitor

News and media

Expert legal advice you can rely on:

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today:

Please let us know you are not a robot