‘Supermarket fatigue’ grips UK public
• More than a third of people wish stores would go back to basics
• Over 45% would swap supermarket convenience for a good local high street
More than 37% (37.25%) of people think supermarkets offer too many products and services, with over a third (35%) wishing that big stores would go back to basics. Furthermore, over 45% (45.10%) would swap the convenience offered by big supermarkets for a good local high street.
This is according to research commissioned by QualitySolicitors, who provide expert legal advice in over 400 locations across the UK.
Craig Holt, Chief Executive of QualitySolicitors, said:
“The message is loud and clear – people want to keep quality goods and services on their doorstep. We know from our experience that there is no substitute for the personal, individual conversations made possible with local knowledge. We offer legal advice in over 400 locations across the UK and our customers value the personal, tailored approach that we provide. It’s through face-to-face relationships with people that we get to the heart of our client’s issues, which can have a real bearing on the outcome of a case.”
The survey findings come as yet another traditional local service is under threat following the introduction of the Legal Services Act. The Act, which allows organisations such as supermarkets, banks and breakdown firms to offer legal advice alongside groceries and other items, has been dubbed ‘Tesco law’ by its critics.
Other findings from the research include 33.25% of people saying they are happy they can get all the things they need under one roof, yet 22.90% feel swamped when faced with everything from groceries to dry cleaning when doing the weekly shop.
QualitySolicitors offers expert legal advice in over 400 locations across the UK. For more information, visit www.qualitysolicitors.com.
- Ends -
About the research:
- The research was conducted by OnePoll on 20th and 21st September 2012, with 2,000 UK adults.
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 100 branches across England and Wales.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offers a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- QualitySolicitors’ website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund.