East Sussex Legal Firm Clocks Up 120 Miles On Bike For Children's Charity
Staff from QualitySolicitors Barwells based in Seaford, with offices across East Sussex, have worked together to collectively ride 120 miles on exercise bikes to raise money for the children’s charity Barnardo’s.
The ‘Barwellls to Barnardo’s’ challenge started on 12th of September and took a full 5 days to complete. The firm was able to raise a £551.28in total for the children’s charity. The challenge was organised by Stephen Ash, a Partner at Barwells and Kerrie Carter, a Marketing Assistant who has recently joined the firm.
When asked why they decided to undertake the challenge for the charity, Stephen said; “Barwells are a keen and longstanding supporter of Barnardo’s. We try to get involved with all their campaigns and enjoy coming up with creative ways in which we can support them. It certainly generated a lot of interest and it’s fantastic to think of the children that will be helped with the money raised.”
Kerrie said that the most difficult part of the challenge was the heat. “We chose a really hot week to do the challenge which meant cycling long distances was hard work. But all staff were really supportive of each other and seeing passers-by stopping to donate really kept us going.”
Barwell’s are a long-standing supporter of Barnardo’s. They are also one of many QualitySolicitors firms taking part in the 2016 Will Month campaign in partnership with the children’s charity. Throughout October, QualitySolicitors Barwell’s will offer Will writing services at no cost to the customer in an attempt to raise awareness of the importance of arranging your affairs. It is hoped that as the official charity of QualitySolicitors, those taking up the offer of free advice will also consider remembering Barnardo’s alongside their friends and family when assigning their assets.
QualitySolicitors Barwells was founded in 1896 with the first office opening on Sutton Park Road in Seaford. Over the years, the firm has expanded and now has offices in Seaford, Hailsham, Eastbourne, Newhaven and Peacehaven where they strive to maintain their strong links with the local community.
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 100 branches across England and Wales.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offers a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- QualitySolicitors’ website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund.