Local Solicitor Completes Lichfield Half Marathon for Charity
A solicitor from Birmingham-based law firm QualitySolicitors Davisons completed the Lichfield Half Marathon on the 7th of May to raise money for children’s charity Barnardo’s.
Private Client Solicitor Charlotte Timson took on the 13.1 miles course with Charlotte finishing in 2 hour and 19 minutes. The course started at the King Edward VI School looping past Fisherwick Wood and Fradley before ending at Stowe Fields.
Participating in her first half marathon, Charlotte smashed her target of £150, with donations reaching £535. QualitySolicitors Davisons have matched the amount raised, bringing the final total to a massive £1,070.
She said; “I have always wanted to try running a half marathon so I am very happy to say I can check off a personal achievement at the same time as raising money for the great cause that is Barnardo’s.”
The event was part of the Barnardo’s Bucket List Challenge, which encourages solicitors who work with Barnardo’s to do something they’ve always wanted to do whilst raising money for the children’s charity.
Charlotte said: “QS Davisons have worked with Barnardo’s for many years and offer a free Will writing service to its supporters. Through this I attended a Barnardo’s event and heard from those who had benefited directly from the charity’s support inspiring me to get my running shoes on and start raising money for their important work. I highly recommend others get involved.”
QualitySolicitors Davisons have been established for over 30 years. They are Birmingham’s largest firm for property transactions as verified by 2015-2016 official Land Registry figures. They operate out of six offices throughout the West Midlands, including Colmore Row, Cotteridge, Edgbaston, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield and Weoley Castle. Their offices are committed to helping their local community with legal issues as quickly, effectively and cost-efficiently as possible.
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 100 branches across England and Wales.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offers a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- QualitySolicitors’ website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund.