"Whatever happens, I'm keeping the house"
"I'll decide when you get access to the children"
"You'll not get a penny more out of me"
Sadly, many of our clients have heard things like this in the heat of the moment (or said them). They may not be right (but sometimes they are). If you are going through family problems, you may need our help. We can:
- advise you on what the law says, and what it can do
- tell you how long it wil take, and what it will cost.
- Deal with your spouse or partner with firmness, but also with respect and in a way which is calculated to bring about an agreement.
Our firm has two members of Resolution, a group of family lawyers who are committed to:
- Conduct matters in a constructive and non-confrontational way
- Take into account the long term consequences of actions as well as the short-term ones
- Encourage clients to put the best interests of the children first
- Emphasise to clients the importance of being open and honest in all dealings
- Keep financial and children issues separate
- Balance the benefits of any action and their likely cost.
This is a short version of our code of practice- the full version is at www.resolution.org.uk/editorial.asp?page_id=26
If you’re looking for confidential and friendly family law advice, contact us today.