What is a tenancy agreement?
- A contract between a tenant and a landlord
- Clearly explains what is expected of each party
- States your legal standing
Along with tenancy agreements, landlords are legally entitled to request a deposit before letting a property.
- Deposits provide security for the landlord should any damage occur / violation of tenancy agreement
- Deposits should be returned to the tenant at the end of the tenancy provided the terms set out in the tenancy agreement are complied with
- A legal requirement now exists that deposits are placed by landlords in one of three government backed tenancy deposit schemes.
QualitySolicitors Lare & Gibson offers expert advice regarding tenancy agreements and deposits for both tenants and landlords. So if you have a question or would like to find out how we can help, give us a call today on 023 92 296296.
Click here if you are a landlord or tenant with a dispute