Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

Do I need to take professional advice if I am just renting commercial property or can I do it myself?

Some businesses do rent business premises without legal advice, particularly when they are agreeing a flexible property licence with a reputable landlord such as a local authority. But you need to be very clear about what obligations and potential liabilities you are taking on. For example, you could find that you are liable for expensive repairs, trapped in an inflexible arrangement, or renting from a less accommodating landlord if the property is sold on by its owner.

Having a lawyer check a simple rental agreement will be inexpensive, while getting it wrong can be disastrous. So it is always wise to take professional advice.

Related FAQs

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today

Please let us know you are not a robot

Your local legal experts

Why QualitySolicitors?

With QualitySolicitors your first initial assessment is free, so you can call us without worrying about being charged for a call you might not have actually needed to make. And because we place our clients are at the heart of everything we do, we make these five customer service promises to make sure you'll feel properly looked after.

This is why, in the first instance, most people looking for legal help in relation to a 'Home And Property' call QualitySolicitors for a Free Initial Assessment over the phone before requesting our Ask the Legal Expert service; which is an introductory 45-minute face-to-face consultation for £99.