National charity and legal group unite to promote will writing and legacy donations.
QualitySolicitors, a national network of local law firms working under one brand, and Barnardo’s, the UK’s largest children’s charity, are launching the first Barnardo’s Will Week (1st – 6th October) as part of an ongoing, exclusive partnership.
Selected branches of Barnardo’s will have a representative from their local QualitySolicitors firm in store for much of that week, offering impartial advice and a will writing service to shoppers and Barnardo’s supporters.
The service, open to any member of the general public over the age of 55, aims to highlight the importance of preparing a will, and encourage people to remember Barnardo’s in their will if they would like to help the charity continue its work with some of the UK’s most vulnerable children in the future.
Will Week is part of an ongoing initiative between the two groups which began in 2010 after QualitySolicitors founder and family law barrister Craig Holt, saw the work of Barnardo’s first hand in a child protection court case, and approached the charity about a partnership. Since then QualitySolicitors and Barnardo‘s have invested a lot of time and effort into the award winning scheme, which has already helped hundreds of people prepare for the future. To date, the partnership has raised an estimated £3m in legacies for Barnardo’s.
Dylan Carroll who manages the Barnardo’s Will Scheme, said: “We are delighted to continue our work with QualitySolicitors and be working in partnership in this unique way to make more people aware of the benefits of writing a will.
“Almost half of the donations Barnardo’s receives from the general public are given through wills. Once people have made provision for loved ones we hope they will consider making a gift to Barnardo's and, by doing so, help change the lives of many disadvantaged children in the future.”
Barnardo's supports some of the most vulnerable children in the UK, children whose lives are shattered by neglect, abuse and family breakdown, exclusion from education or poor access to training and employment.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
For more information on QualitySolicitors or a specific QualitySolicitors firm please contact MD Communications on 020 7438 1575 or email email@example.com.
- Barnardo’s works with more than 190,000 children, young people and their families in 800 specialised projects in communities across the UK.
- We believe in the potential of every child and young person, no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. We will support them, stand up for them and bring out the best in each and every child.
- Every year we help thousands of children turn their lives around. But we cannot do it without you. Visit www.barnardos.org.uk to find out how you can get involved and show you believe in children.
- Visit www.barnardos.org.uk freewill to find out more about Barnardo's Free Will writing scheme and to learn how your gift could support vulnerable children. For further information, please contact the Gifts in Wills team on 0208 498 7880 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 400 branches across England and Wales, including 150 Legal Access Points in WHSmith stores.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offer a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- 50% of QualitySolicitors firms participate in the Barnardo’s Will partnership scheme. More information.
- QualitySolicitors’ CEO is Craig Holt and Saleem Arif is the COO.
- The website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund
- QualitySolicitors launched a multi-million pound, national campaign in 2012, designed to shake up the legal world and help make solicitors’ services more accessible to everyone. The campaign, which is the largest in the history of the legal profession, kicked off with a 90-second TV advert screened in a primetime slot during the live final of ITV’s Dancing on Ice, on 25th March. A further 8,000 more adverts were broadcast in May. A new website, featuring 300 video testimonials from clients explaining the services that QualitySolicitors offer on the high street, also launched in at the end of March. Watch the advert in full.