Accrington Law Firm Wins Children's Charity Baking Competition
Thursday 8th December 2016
A Derbyshire family law firm has helped local children usher in the festive spirit by hosting a Christmas bauble design competition.
QualitySolicitors Chapman & Chubb, who have offices in both Alfreton and Somercotes, partnered with local schools to offer children the chance to design baubles that would adorn their offices at the start of December.
The competition was split into three age categories (under 7’s, 8-13 and 14-16) and there were over 70 entries. The winners of the main prizes were called Kyra West and Conna Wren.)
A number of runners-up also won art and craft sets and every entrant received a festive treat for their efforts upon collection of their entries from the firm’s Alfreton office, where the entries were used to decorate the tree.
The competition ran throughout November and was launched to coincide with the switch on of the Alfreton Christmas Lights on Saturday 26th November. In addition to the competition, QS Chapman & Chubb sold cakes at the switch on event, the proceeds of which will fund 2 x Christmas hampers that will be raffle prizes to raise money for Barnardo’s. By the end of the year, the firm expects to have raised over £100 for the children’s charity Barnardo’s through its various festive initiatives.
Aileen Chapman, Partner at the Somercotes office at QualitySolicitors Chapman Chubb comments, ‘We are delighted that the local community has been so enthused by our Christmas bauble design competition. We really wanted to brighten up our office tree this year and thought the best way to do this was to harness the youthful enthusiasm of children across the area.
‘As well as the design competition, the cake sale at the Alfreton Christmas Lights Switch On was a real success and with our Christmas Hamper raffles we look set to raise well over £100 for worthwhile causes before Christmas. We’d like to thank a number of local schools for their help and look forward to doing a bigger and better competition for Christmas 2017 next year!’
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 100 branches across England and Wales.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offers a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- QualitySolicitors’ website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund.