South Wales Law Firm Invests In Future By Awarding A Number Of Solicitors Training Contracts
Thursday 1st December 2016
A firm with offices across South Wales is looking to build the next generation of Welsh legal professionals by awarding a number of training contracts.
QualitySolicitors J A Hughes, with offices in Barry, Cardiff and Penarth has offered a training contract starting in January 2017 to Bridget Tapfuma, who has been with the firm as a paralegal since January 2015.
She will join Megan Jones and Adele Jackson who have been on training contracts for 12 and 2 months. Bridget and Adele’s contracts cover Family, Conveyancing and Private Client law and they are both based in the firm’s Rhiwbina office in Cardiff. Megan is based in the Barry branch and her contract covers Probate, Conveyancing and Criminal law.
Duncan Kennedy, Head of the Private Client Department, commented; “This is the most trainees the firm has had at any one time in a large number of years. It signifies our confidence in Megan, Adele and Bridget but also our dedication to invest in both the firm’s and the wider Welsh legal industry’s future. We have every confidence that they will all go on to have long, successful legal careers offering vital services across South Wales and beyond.”
When asked what being offered a training contract meant to her, Bridget said; “This means I am one step closer to achieving my goal of qualifying as a solicitor. I am overwhelmed by the experience and training that the firm has provided me and the continuing investment they are making in my future.”
Adele added; “Being given this opportunity means a lot to me because it not only means the hard work is paying off but also that the Partners can see potential in me and believe I can be an asset to their firm both now and in the future.”
Megan, on why she enjoys her role at QualitySolicitors J A Hughes, said; “Being involved with local high street firms gives me the opportunity to meet a range of new clients on a daily basis. I enjoy the client contact element of my role and seeing a whole case through, from start to finish, brings great satisfaction.”
- Launched in 2010, QualitySolicitors is a group of law firms across the country working as part of the QualitySolicitors brand. Only one firm per local area is selected to become a QualitySolicitors partner. Customer feedback forms an integral part of the selection process.
- QualitySolicitors’ national network of lawyers consists of over 100 branches across England and Wales.
- QualitySolicitors lawyers are experts in their fields dealing with both consumer and SME legal matters. QualitySolicitors offers a personal, local service but with the assurance of a recognised national brand.
- QualitySolicitors’ website address is www.qualitysolicitors.com
- In 2011 QualitySolicitors secured equity investment from Palamon Capital Partners, a private equity house with a £700m fund.