Making a will You’ll want to be sure your wishes are carried out after your death.

Click here for some of the things you might want to consider.

Help with handling your finances If you have problems getting to the bank or dealing with people on the phone, you may want to give a friend or relative a Lasting Power of Attorney- Property and Affairs so that they can do this for you. This will also work if you lose the mental capacity to manage your affairs.

If you or a loved one have already lost mental capacity, we can apply to the Court of Protection (on behalf of a friend or relative) for an order to deal with their affairs.

Click here to learn more about Lasting Powers of Attorney and the Court of Protection.

Health issues If you want someone to be able to take decisions about your healthcare if you lose the mental capacity to make these decisions yourself, then you may want to make a Lasting Power of Attorney- health and welfare to enable a friend or relative to do this. If you have specific requirements- for example if you won’t want to be given certain specific treatments- then an Advance decision to refuse treatment will deal with this.

Click here for more information about these matters

What happens if I need to go into a care home? You might wonder about what this will cost, and whether there will be anything left for your family after you’ve gone.

Click here to learn more about the choices and how we can help you.


Sorting things out now will help you achieve your aims and avoid any problems in the future. Talk to one of our solicitors and let us help you make those choices.