Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

Are there any ombudsman services that can help me reach a settlement with an adviser who is guilty of professional negligence?

There are several ombudsman services that can help in resolving cases of professional negligence. Using an ombudsman to resolve a dispute can be less expensive and time-consuming than launching full court proceedings.

The UK’s ombudsman services include:

  • The Financial Ombudsman Service (0800 023 4567) — for complaints about banks, insurance companies and finance firms.
  • The Pensions Ombudsman (020 7630 2200) — for complaints about pension schemes.
  • The Legal Ombudsman (0300 555 0333) — for complaints about lawyers.
  • The Local Government Ombudsman (0300 061 0614) — for complaints about care homes and care services.
  • The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (0345 015 4033) — for complaints about NHS-funded doctors, dentists and hospitals.

Before contacting an ombudsman, you may want to make a free initial enquiry to a lawyer to check whether that is the best option for your circumstances.

Related FAQs

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today

Please let us know you are not a robot

Your local legal experts

Why QualitySolicitors?

With QualitySolicitors your first initial assessment is free, so you can call us without worrying about being charged for a call you might not have actually needed to make. And because we place our clients are at the heart of everything we do, we make these five customer service promises to make sure you'll feel properly looked after.

This is why, in the first instance, most people looking for legal help in relation to a 'Home And Property' call QualitySolicitors for a Free Initial Assessment over the phone before requesting our Ask the Legal Expert service; which is an introductory 45-minute face-to-face consultation for £99.