Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

Can I claim compensation if my partner has been killed in a fatal accident?

You can claim compensation if your spouse, civil partner or child (under 18) has a fatal accident. If you were not married, but were living together for more than 2 years, you will be treated as a married partner and can therefore claim. You have three years from the date of death to claim.

As well as compensation for your partner’s pain and suffering, you can claim for any losses that you have suffered. For example, you might claim for the loss of your partner’s future income and help around the house, and also for funeral costs.

In additional you will normally be entitled to a standard bereavement award of £12,980.

Related FAQs

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today

Please let us know you are not a robot

Your local legal experts

Why QualitySolicitors?

With QualitySolicitors your first initial assessment is free, so you can call us without worrying about being charged for a call you might not have actually needed to make. And because we place our clients are at the heart of everything we do, we make these five customer service promises to make sure you'll feel properly looked after.

This is why, in the first instance, most people looking for legal help in relation to a 'Home And Property' call QualitySolicitors for a Free Initial Assessment over the phone before requesting our Ask the Legal Expert service; which is an introductory 45-minute face-to-face consultation for £99.