Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

Can I claim for my time off work and my medical expenses after my accident?

You should be able to claim compensation for the financial loss you suffer when you need to take time off because of your accident. You are required to do what you can to minimise any losses, so you should return to work when you are able to.

 Compensation can cover the loss of basic pay, bonuses and overtime. Any sick pay that you receive will reduce the amount of compensation you can claim. If you are self-employed, you will need to provide evidence of the losses you have suffered: for example, records of past earnings and current contracts.

In severe cases, your injury may reduce your expected future earnings. If so, you should be able to claim compensation for this as well.

Your compensation claim can also include medical costs you have incurred following your accident. These might include the costs of medications and treatments such as physiotherapy. You should keep all receipts as evidence of your expenses.


Related FAQs

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today

Please let us know you are not a robot

Your local legal experts

Why QualitySolicitors?

With QualitySolicitors your first initial assessment is free, so you can call us without worrying about being charged for a call you might not have actually needed to make. And because we place our clients are at the heart of everything we do, we make these five customer service promises to make sure you'll feel properly looked after.

This is why, in the first instance, most people looking for legal help in relation to a 'Home And Property' call QualitySolicitors for a Free Initial Assessment over the phone before requesting our Ask the Legal Expert service; which is an introductory 45-minute face-to-face consultation for £99.