Google Adwords 0808 278 1398 Bing Ads 0808 274 4482

Care after lost capacity


If an individual has lost mental capacity and their financial and/or health and welfare affairs need to be managed or decisions need to be made on their behalf, a formal application will need to be made to the Court of Protection. QualitySolicitors Burton & Co and deal with this complicated procedure for you.

A Deputy is a person appointed by the Court of Protection to manage the affairs of someone who has lost capacity and where they have not planned ahead by making either a Lasting Power of Attorney or Enduring Power of Attorney.

Any person over the age of 18 can be appointed as a Deputy with certain reservations. In many cases a spouse, partner or close relative will apply to be appointed. In cases where there is no one able or willing to take on the role a professional such as a Solicitor can be appointed.

A formal application will need to be made to the Court of Protection. Our experts can help you with this complicated procedure.

If this situation applies to you circumstance we will be happy to discuss the matter in more detail with you. Contact us on 01522 523215

Expert legal advice you can rely on:

Expert legal advice you can rely on,
get in touch today:

Please let us know you are not a robot

Your local legal experts

Why QualitySolicitors?

QualitySolicitors is the largest network of law firms in the UK, with local law firms spanning the whole of England and Wales and customer service at the heart of everything we do.

We are dedicated to providing the highest quality legal advice and expertise for our clients, but in a way that’s far friendlier, more accessible and clear-talking than you might expect from a law firm.