At QualitySolicitors Burton & Co we understand that every person is different which is why all of our Wills are individually prepared by a Solicitor from our Wills and Probate Department. This gives you the peace of mind that your Will is valid and that your assets go to who you want them to go to.
Wills solicitors in Sleaford & Lincoln - Fees
What type of will do i need
We offer three different types of will, each of which is then tailored to your particular circumstances by our expert lawyers.
- Decide who gets what – leave gifts to friends, relatives or charities.
- Appoint a Guardian to take responsibility for any children.
- Set out any funeral wishes
- Appoint the person you wish to carry out your will.
- Free lifetime storage (many firms charge an annual fee for this service).
- Everything in a standard will plus address more complex issues.
- Give a gift (e.g. your house) to a person for their lifetime only.
- Stop a child receiving a gift until they turn a specific age, eg 21.
- Exclude people who would normally expected to be included (eg wife/husband or children).
- Provide for on-going care of a person with a disability.
- Protect your property to avoid it being used for care home fees before you die.
- If you have assets (including property) over the Inheritance Tax threshold (currently £325,000) you may benefit from more detailed advice on how to minimise the tax paid through your will. If you own a business this may also be a more suitable option for you.
- Protect property from passing outside the family due to divorce, re-marriage or bankruptcy.
- Give a gift so that the person receiving it does not lose means tested benefits.
- Our lawyers are experts in structuring your will to maximise the assets left to your friends and family, potentially saving you many thousands of pounds.
* The above prices exclude any disbursements which may be incurred including HM Land Registry Fees
Free Initial Assessment
If you have any questions about our wills or us or want some help deciding what to do next, complete the form below and we’ll be in touch to discuss at no cost to you.