1. What is your favourite part of the job?
The variety of people that you meet.
2. What made you choose law?
Interesting work and a chance to meet people from all walks of life. Oh, and I thought
I would be rich!
3. How long have you been with the firm?
4. What’s the most memorable case you’ve worked on?
A million pound estate where someone had fraudulently drawn up a Will after the deceased had died (leaving the residue to himself of course). We spotted a small inconsistency, followed matters up and with the help of a handwriting expert had the Will declared to be a fraud. The estate fell to be divided under the intestacy rules and , the last I knew, the police were making their own enquiries.
5. Why did you specialise in Private Client?
An opportunity to deal with a wide range of work types together with a chance to help people, often at difficult times.
6. What’s your favourite food?
7. Favourite season?
8. What is your favourite word?
9. What did you want to be growing up?
10. What is your best joke?
I’m selling my vacuum cleaner; it’s just sitting in the spare room gathering dust!